Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pardon the interruption

I am typing this entry using MarsEdit 1.1.5(207), of which I just downloaded a trial version. It seems you can edit your posts in whatever text editor you choose but I need to see if I can specify that markdown formatting is to be applied as part of the post procedure or if that’s something that’s only available while you’re previewing your post in MarsEdit.

This sentence should begin a new paragraph and this word should be italicized.

Update: it turns out markdown syntax is recognized by MarsEdit’s built-in preview window but there doesn’t seem to be any way to configure it to run your post through markdown prior to submitting it to your blog. Even more mysterious, there doesn’t seem to be any way to manually convert your markdown-formatted post into HTML suitable for posting. It’s lucky that I have a licensed copy of TextMate and that MarsEdit will allow me to edit my post there.

No comments: